West Norriton Community Day and Fireworks
On Saturday, May 14th West Norriton will be hosting our annual Community Day and Fireworks starting at 5:00pm. The fireworks will begin at dusk.
Since fireworks are part of this event, we wanted to provide proper notice to those with pets in the township so you can plan accordingly.
- Always keep your dogs, cats and other pets indoors when fireworks are being let off.
- Avoid walking dogs at times when fireworks are likely to be released, we encourage early morning walks where possible.
- Always close all doors and windows, remember to close off cat flaps. This will ensure that your pet cannot escape.
- Draw your curtains, ensure there is background noise such as a radio or TV.
- Never take your dog to a firework display or leave them outside unattended.
- Ensure that your pet is wearing a collar and ID tag at all times or microchipped (ensuring your contact details are up to date)
- Don't assume your dog isn't affected by fireworks, look out for tell-tale signs of stress, panting, yawning and pacing.
- If your dog runs for cover under a table or bed, don't stop them, allow them to continue. Help by adding some comfortable pillows, familiar toys and treats.
- Never shout at them.
- Please bring rabbits, guinea pigs, birds and other small animals indoors and give them extra bedding. Some of these pets can die from heart attacks if overstressed. Cover the cages with a blanket to dull the noise.