Paying Your Township or School Tax Bills
The County and Township tax bills are scheduled to be mailed on or about March 1, 2019 and School tax bills are mailed on or about July 1, 2019 if you don't receive your tax bill by 3 weeks after mailing date, call 610-539-9232. If you are going away during the mailing period please make arrangements with the postal service, etc. to have your mail forwarded. Not receiving your tax bill does not relieve you of your responsibility to pay your taxes in a timely manner.
Payments can be made by mail or at the West Norriton Township Building.
Make checks payable to:
- Michael B. Murray, Tax Collector for Montgomery County & West Norriton Township Taxes
- NASD RE Tax-WN for Norristown Area School District Taxes for West Norriton residents
Norristown Area School District Tax for West Norriton Residents
Payments can be made by mail or at the West Norriton Township Building
Ownership Name Changes For Billing Purposes
All changes to mailing address must be made in writing. For ownership name changes please contact Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds for details at 610-278-3289. You will need a copy of the marriage license or death certificate.
- If a bank or mortgage company escrows your tax money, please forward a copy of your tax bill to them immediately.
- A $5.00 fee will be charged for payments made without a bill. Online bill payment is not acceptable without a copy of the tax bill.
- Taxes are due and payable as prescribed by law, whether or not a tax bill has been received by the taxpayer. The tax collector will not be held responsible if a bill is not received. If you do not receive a bill by three weeks after mailing dates you should contact the Tax Collector.
- In order to earn discounts or avoid penalty, payments must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the payment due dates as shown on the bill.
- Payments made from December 5 to 31 must be paid with certified check, cashier's check, or money order.
- If a receipt is desired you must return both copies of the tax bill with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- If a check is returned for any reason a $35 fee must be paid to the West Norriton treasurer.
- If paying cash, you must bring the exact amount.
- If the tax office is closed a drop box is provided in the township building lobby.
- The township building is handicapped accessible.
Additional Payment Information & Resources
Make credit card and E-check payments for:
- West Norriton Township & Montgomery County Taxes
- Norristown Area School District Taxes for West Norriton residents
The credit card company charges a fee of 2.65%. This fee is intended to offset the cost for offering the convenience of paying taxes via credit card.
Online bill payment is disccouraged at this time for the following reasons:
- Payment of taxes online does not provide for a copy of the tax bill provided by the Tax Collector.
- There is currently a timing gap between when the payment is requested versus when the payment is received by the Tax Collector.
- Online payment do not provide for a postmarking on the transition versus a traditional mail envelope.
- Online payment does not provide adequate processing information to the Tax Collector for problem resolutions.