WHAT TO EXPECT AT PROGRAM EVENTS
- There is no dedicated drop off facility in Montgomery County that accepts Household Hazardous Waste. If you cannot attend a county collection event, please consider asking a friend or neighbor to take the items to the event for proper disposal.
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) events will be held at different locations throughout the county on specified days between the months of April and October.
- All collection events will accept HHW only. NO TVs or ELECTRONICS will be accepted at HHW events.
- All collection events will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On event days, directional signs and volunteers will help the public navigate to the correct entrance of the event and into line.
- On a typical event, the wait time should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- Please note that latex paint is not hazardous waste and should not be brought to the collection events.
- Survey takers will ask you a few short questions while you are in line for the collection to find out which county you live in and how many households (if more than one) you are dropping off. We encourage attendees to drop off for more households to eliminate longer lines.
- Please stay in your car for safety reasons and unlock the trunk or any doors necessary to access materials for removal. Event staff will remove your materials and direct you to the exit.
TIPS FOR SAFELY TRANSPORTING CHEMICALS TO A COLLECTION
- Keep chemicals in their original container and never mix products. If you can't read the label mark "unknown".
- Make certain all containers are tightly sealed to avoid spillage.
- Transport chemicals in a cardboard box. NO plastic tubs. The time spent emptying plastic tubs for return slows down the collection line.
AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS ONLY
This program is a community service to the residents of Montgomery County and the four Southeastern Pennsylvania County Region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Philadelphia counties) only and is not open to businesses, institutions, or industry.