Ordinances Adopted (Not Yet Incorporated)
Ordinances that have been adopted by the Board of Commissioners and are in effect, but not yet incorporated into the Township Code, may be accessed here until they are codified at the end of each year.
Ordinance Adopted in FY 2017
- Amending The West Norriton Township Ordinance, Chapter 1, Administration And Government, Part 3, Elected Officials And Part 4, Appointed Officials, To Create The Office Of Treasurer Separate From The Office Of Tax Collector
- Amending The West Norriton Township Subdivision And Land Development Ordinance, Chapter 22, Part 4, Entitled “Procedures For Plat Approval” To Remove The Requirement That A Final Plat Be Filed Two (2) Years From The Approval Of Preliminary Plan Approval.
- Amending The West Norriton Township Ordinance, Chapter 11, Housing, Part 2, Registration And Licensing Of Residential Rental Units, To Repeal The Triennial Inspection Requirement
- Amending The Terms of the General Obligation Note, Series B of 2014, Issued By The Township of West Norriton
- Amending The West Norriton Township Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 27, Part 16 Entitled “Signs” To Remove The Term “Political Sign”, Define The Terms “Commercial Sign” And “Noncommercial Sign”, Amend The Regulatory Requirements For Noncommercial Signs, Holiday Decorations, Temporary Event Signs And Temporary Political Signs, And To Add A New Section 27-1617 To Regulate Noncommercial Signs To Comply With The Provisions Of This Ordinance.
Ordinances Adopted in FY 2016
- Amending the West Norriton Township Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 27, Part 22 Entitled “Zoning Regulations In Floodplains” Requiring All Persons, Partnerships, Businesses, And Corporations To Obtain A Permit For Any Construction Or Development; Providing For The Issuance Of Such Permits; Setting Forth Certain Minimum Requirements For New Construction And Development Within Areas Of The Township Which Are Subject To Flooding; And Establishing Penalties For Any Persons Who Fail, Or Refuse To Comply With, The Requirements Or Provisions Of This Ordinance.
- Amending the West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 18, Entitled “Sewers And Sewage Disposal”
- Amending the West Norriton Township Ordinance, Chapter 15, Motor Vehicles And Traffic, Part 4, General Parking Regulations, To Provide For A Residential Parking Permit Program And Establish Definitions, Criteria, Residential Permit Parking Areas, Application And Permit Requirements And Fees, And Penalties For Violations.
- Amending The West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 4, Part 1, “Building Code,” § 102; Chapter 27, Part 17, “Administration,” §§ 1702, 1703, 1704, 1707; And Chapter 7, Part 1, “Adoption Of Life Safety Code,” §§ 101, 102, 103, 105 And Adding A New § 106
Ordinances Adopted in FY 2015
- Amending the West Norriton Township Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 27, Part 5 – R2 “Residence District” Relative To Buffer Requirements And Part 22 “Zoning Regulations In Floodplains” To Permit Certain Uses In The Riparian Corridor By Right And By Conditional Use
- Permitting Group Homes by Special Exception in All Residential Zoning District and Establishing Regulations Pertaining to Group Homes
- Amending the West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 1, Part 8 by Adding Section 832 for a Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP)
- Creating an Environmental Advisory Council, Providing Operating Procedures, and Stating the Powers of the Council
- Amending the West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 13, Part 8 Firearm Permit Applications and Chapter 6, Part 2 Unregulated Discharge of Firearms Prohibited
- Amending the West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 1, Part 8 by Amending Section 801 Definitions and Section 832 Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP)
- Amending the West Norriton Township Code, Chapter 27 by Adding new Part 23 for Wireless Telecommunications Facilities