Our wastewater system dates back to 1950s. About 75% of its current size was in place by 1967. Most of the remaining portions were built between 1967 and present. The system includes six pumping stations, geographically located throughout the township. The service areas include approximately 1800 manholes, over 35 miles of gravity mains, over 30 miles of lateral (service) lines 10 miles of force main.
About our Sanitary Department
The Township Waste Water Collection personnel are trained in many disciplines of operation and maintenance of a wastewater collection system infrastructure as well as public health and safety. Our department is small and requires the use of private sub-contractors to assist in the maintenance. These private sub-contractors are on call to the township and will be dispatched on an as needed basis.